In 2018, I want to explore and learn the world of content creation for websites.
I came up with a wishlist:
- WordPress and Website Development
- Design and Media
- Content Creation
- Website Management
- Social Media Tools and Techniques
As a way to maintain the motivation, discipline, and direction, I defined very simple rules:
- Dedicate at least one hour every day to this initiative
- It’s tolerable to miss one day (because life really got in the way, etc.) but skipping two days in a row equals failure
- The activity has to fall in one of the five categories (WordPress and Website Development, Design and Media, Content Creation, Website Management, or Social Media Tools and Techniques)
- Use a daily log to record progress
Simple rules are the least likely to be circumvented. And here is my daily log:
[Note: I broke rule 2 and have been out of it since I took a week off in early May] 🙁
[May 5 update: taking a break to assess progress and adjust course] This entry is closed.